Monday, April 23, 2007

I feel like leaving a couple little notes...so here they are:

I know I said on my previous note on this page that I had changed the end of Chaper 10. Well...I never actually did; I must have gotton distracted or something :) So I just now changed it. Nothing is different except that I took out the last sentence that included the almost-too-cheesy cliffhanger ending. Chapter 12 is hopefully coming sometime soon, I have the first paragraph written :)

Now, a note to all of our silent guests :)

I know that we have more regular readers than those who typically comment on our respective stories, and I want to encourage you to let us know what you think of each chapter. For example, when I post a new chapter, it is not my final version. I may not even be completely happy with it (which actually happens quite often) but may not quite know what to change. It is helpful to get feedback from lots of different people who may have a different perspective on what the problem might be. Please let us know if you spot inconsistancies, factual errors, cheesy lines like the one I just took out of Chapter 10, a confusing passage that you have read over 10 times and still don't understand, grammatical/spelling/language errors, etc.

I can only speak for myself, but if you have suggestions for what you think might make my story better, drop a quick comment! If you just don't like my story and think it is rubbish, I probably won't start over from scratch, but I will listen and mull over any ideas on what you think might make it better. I'm a beginner, not a professional, and have no delusions of grandeur; none of us will take offense at a kind suggestion or comment.

Good night for now...I must go work on a paper for my college art class; the kind of writing I could do without :) I would much rather be expanding upon that first paragraph of Chapter 12...

Rachel Brewer
"Daelia"

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Starr Thomson said...

I'll second that :).

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Romany Epistles,
I have been a "silent reader" since January 2007 and I eagerly anticipate your new chapters. Since you have asked, I will begin leaving comments regularly.
First I must say that I think you are all excellent writers and "The Romany Epistles" is a great idea. Thanks so much and keep up the good work!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home