Monday, May 14, 2007

Zoe - chapter 20

Hey All!

Zoe and Brysa are both having lousy days. Read chapter 20 and you'll see why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoe.....

“If I didn’t know better, I might say you are a spy for some clandestine regime. That’s the third time you’ve received and sent messages through aerial means.”

Zoe whirled, startled and feeling unexpectedly vulnerable. Tancred stood in the shadows of the house, watching her. Zoe passed a hand over her face, roughly swiping the tear-track away. She smoothed her expression with an effort and walked toward him, shoulders thrown back. “I suppose that it is a good thing you know me well enough to realize that is completely preposterous,” she replied to his comment, but her voice lacked its typical bite.

He stepped into the moonlight and she could see his frustratingly inscrutable expression. “So, was it Ilara or Aiden this time?” he asked conversationally.


....and Brysa....

A ripple of unpleasant laughter went around the room and Brysa stiffened. “I do not defy you, Father,” she protested quietly. “I merely ask you to reconsider the fate you are pressing upon me.”

“You do defy me,” Brastus stated loudly. “You are an unwise girl who must learn to obey without question. And you will learn if I must break every bone in your body to force you to dance to the flute of my authority.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I'm giving them both problems. Tell me what you think, okay? I love the feedback (of course). ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home