Monday, January 15, 2007

Confrontation

Arthus

The village appeared like any other village I had encountered on my ramblings. A scattering of farms around the outskirts filled with men hard at work, a cluster of hovels at the village center, the ringing sound of the blacksmith working at his forge and women gossiping by the village well in the cool morning air all supported the impression.

However, one glance in Katraina’s direction changed my assessment. The young woman hunched behind Wren. From their perch on Brone, there was little chance that she was going to make herself less conspicuous and Wren, being smaller, made a difficult hiding place, but Katraina was trying. Wren on the other hand was sitting in the saddle as though she was preparing to face a legion of men.

“What is wrong with you two?” I demanded. “Is there something I should know?”

I was addressing Wren, but Katraina answered. “I am…”

Chapter Six of Wren Romany's Tale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home